Journalism Online Course Overview
Would you like to become a journalist? But a journalism school with compulsory daily attendance doesn't work for you? However, you still want a first-class journalism education and learn from world-class award-winning journalism educators from all over the world? Then Open School of Journalism, as a leading online journalism school, is the right choice for you.
The course will teach you all the knowledge and competences you need to work as a professional journalist.
- Very good English language skills and
- High school/secondary school graduation.
- If you don't have that, you can compensate this with practical experience.
- Individual curriculum with broad module selection
- Award-winning journalists and journalism educators
- Practice-oriented education
- Possible to study alongside job
- No compulsory attendance, no travel expenses
- Independent journalism school
- International journalism school
- State-authorized program
- Quality management compliant with ISO 29990
- Fair tuition fees with various installment plans
As journalism is an extensive field, you individually compile your personalized curriculum of this online training according to your aspired professional goals from a large selection of modules in the following sections:
- Journalistic Working Techniques (Investigation, Writing, Sub-Editing)
- Practical Workshops (Honing Skills)
- Areas of Journalism (Specializations)
- Genres of Journalism (New Approaches to Journalism)
- Public Relations
- Media Context and Working Conditions (Press Law, Ethics, History)
See a sample module here: "Journalistic Investigation" (text- and video-based).
The course is an online course, i. e.:
- You study your selected modules and attend your practical workshops online (whenever you want). You don't have to travel (distance education).
- For each module, you take an online exam.
- You can contact your tutors at any time if you have questions.
- In the online colloquia, you can discuss and exchange thoughts with both your tutors and fellow students.
- In the discussion forums and with the networking tool, you can connect with your fellow students and form learning groups.
3 to 24 months, depending on the time you can invest and your learning progress.
One online exam (assignment) for each selected module (11 minimum)
- Regular payment plan:
12 monthly installments of USD 160.00 / EUR 144.00 / GBP 112.00
Total USD 1,920.00 / EUR 1,728.00 / GBP 1,344.00
Per additional Study Point (exceeding 24 SP): USD 4.00 / EUR 3.60 / GBP 2.80
- Extended payment plan:
24 monthly installments of USD 87.50 / EUR 78.75 / GBP 61.25
Total: USD 2,100.00 / EUR 1,890.00 / GBP 1,470.00
Per additional Study Point (exceeding 24 SP): USD 2.00 / EUR 1.80 / GBP 1.40
- Shortened payment plan:
6 monthly installments of USD 300.00 / EUR 270.00 / GBP 210.00
Total: USD 1,800.00 / EUR 1,620.00 / GBP 1,260.00
Per additional Study Point (exceeding 24 SP): USD 8.00 / EUR 7.20 / GBP 5.60
- VISA or MasterCard
- Bank Transfer (SEPA/Europe only or TransferWise)
As a graduate, you will receive a certificate (without grades) and a report card (with grades). The course is classified as ISCED Level 4 and EQF Level 5. The program has a state authorization by ZFU No. 7292115.
Please apply here.