To qualify for admission to the Open School of Journalism program, you need to have:
- Very good English language skills;
- A graduation/school-leaving qualification according to ISCED Level 3 (upper secondary education).* In most countries, this means that you have a high school graduation or a secondary school graduation;
- Good basic knowledge for the use of computers and the internet.
If you don't have a graduation/school-leaving qualification (2) you can be admitted if you
- take on an internship or another vocational position with a publisher or broadcaster in parallel to the course, or
- can give evidence that you have at least five years of experience in the media industry.
II. Technical Requirements
Please note that there are also technical requirements:
- You need a computer or at least a tablet and
- an email address (which you check regularly)
to be able to work on your course modules and assignments.
* ISCED is the 'International Standard Classification of Education' and was developed by UNESCO, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization. You can find more information on the ISCED entry on Wikipedia or on the UNESCO ISCED website.
Also see the Course and Examination Regulations.